Friday, April 4, 2014

The beginning of a new scooter season

Well, it's the start of a new scootering season.  My third one, to be exact.  And this new scootering season is accompanied by a somewhat new scooter - Mia.  She's a 2014 Genuine Buddy 50, in the glorious Seafoam color.

Mia!

She's the one in front, with the spirals on the front and a coffee cup on the floorboards.  She's the second scooter I owned (my previous one was a 2009 Honda Metropolitan, which I barely put 1750 miles on before I realized I needed something different), and I've customized her beyond belief.  I've swapped out her chrome bits for matte black, styled her up with some pretty black swirly decals, and added crash bars and a luggage rack - in flat black, of course.  She's a pretty striking scooter, especially when compared to her other Seafoam Buddy sisters.  (There are four other Seafoam Buddy riders in Bloomington - two of them and I form the Seafoam Buddy Brigade)  At this point she's just shy of 600 miles.

I'm going to document all the long trips I take with her here in my blog, as well as other Mia related stuff.  I do love talking about my scooter, and scootering in general, and as I can't exactly continue my other scooter blog (Go Scooterlou!, which was focused on the Honda Metro), nor ramble on excessively on the shared scootering blog I write (The Lady Scooterist), this'll probably be a good outlet for me.

Tomorrow's the first ride of the season for my scooter riding club - currently called Hoosier Ride, but there's some talk of changing the name.  We'll find out tomorrow if we're still calling ourselves Hoosier Riders or what.  I plan on bringing my camera and taking plenty of pictures, that's for sure. I'm excited to be out on the road, that's for sure.  It's been a long winter, and I didn't get much chance to enjoy Mia before the leaves fell and the snow struck (and those stupid polar vortexes, don't get me started on them).  So, expect to hear lots of rambling from me in the coming months about riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment