Thursday, August 21, 2014

Spending a little more time with Mia

Mia, hanging out with some other scooters in the IU Art Museum parking lot

Yes, I'm spending a bit more time with Mia these days.  And, well, downright spoiling her, too.  We (Bryan, myself, Ross, and Gina) all moved to a new house on the west side of town - and because of that, my commute to the office has ballooned from a 3 minute, half-mile roll down a hill to a 20 minute, 5-ish mile slog through traffic to get back over to the east side for work.  So, since I work a lot, of course I'm going to be riding a lot. :)

from left to right, starting closest to the garage door:  Mia, Donna Stella, Big Macintosh, and Carmen Stelladiego closest to the camera

Plus, we've now got a garage!  Which makes for happier scooters, I bet.  Or at the very least scooters that aren't exposed to the elements so much.  I noticed that due to all the winter riding I did earlier this year, there's a fair bit of rust on Mia's exhaust and other metal parts on her underside - going to have to get in the habit of at least toweling her off when I get home once winter hits, if we have another nasty winter.  (I plan on upgrading her exhaust once her warranty expires, so I'm not super worried about the rust.)  It's incredibly nice to have a place to keep Mia where she's out of the weather and kept warm and dry.  (And it makes getting ready to ride in the morning much more pleasant, too!)

Current odometer reading: 1287.2 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment